Facebook, throughout years, has added and removed various features for the sake of the convenience of its users, some might have been questionable, some in perfect accordance to its users desires.
But one feature has always remained constant, that is Sharing, a feature which is made for those who want to express themselves in an open manner and without any constraints or inform others of a noble cause or otherwise.
Making your own post shareable can result in being able to show others what sort of talent you might have or inform them of what’s going around your area.
This article will be dealing with the topic of how to make a post shareable on Facebook without much trouble, just keep reading below to know all about how it works and how you can do it!
Check this article to learn How to lock Facebook profile and why its important.
How to Make a Post Shareable on Facebook
You would often want to make your post shareable by others to post on the news feed or the wall, to do that, you will have to make sure your own post is shareable before posting it on your feed To do this, follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your Facebook ID, on the news feed, click ‘What’s on your mind?’
- Below your Facebook account’s name under ‘What’s on your mind?’ field, there will be the security tab, click it,
- You may modify privacy settings of your post with the following below:
Public – This will make the post open for sharing by anyone on Facebook.
Friends – Friends will be able to share any post you make on Facebook.
Friends except… – Those who you specifically allow in your friends will be able to share your Facebook posts.
Specific Friends – Your Facebook posts will only be named by those who you enter on the list.
Only me – Only you will be able to share your own post.
Custom – This allows you to make a list of people who specifically will be able to share the posts you make on Facebook.
Once you have selected your option, either click on Post or press Enter, this will put your message on the news feed of Facebook along with it being shareable based on the choice you make before posting it.
How to Make a Post Shareable on Facebook App
The Facebook mobile app operates nearly the same as the web browser version of Facebook, therefore, both versions share many of its features and similarities to each other.
The Facebook mobile app also therefore has the same security settings for the posts you make along with sharing settings.
To edit the sharing settings before making a post on the Facebook mobile app, do the following steps given below:
- Open the Facebook mobile app and tap ‘What’s on your mind’ on the news feed
2. Under your given Facebook account name, tap the security option.
- You may either select visibility options for your post from the given list or tap on See more for more visibility options.
- Once you have finished setting up your security setting, proceed with making your post or any sort of content you are working to post on Facebook
5. Press the Post button located on the top right corner of the screen for posting your message on Facebook timeline.
How to Make a Post Shareable for a Facebook Group
If the Facebook group you are a part of is private, then the posts you make will not be shareable for public posts, if you still desire to make a post in the private group to be shareable by any others, then you may do the following below:
- Make a post on your Facebook timeline and set the security settings as according to your needs to make it so that the post can be shared to public.
- Press Share located on the bottom right corner of the post to open a list
- Choose Share to Group, once you have done that, select the private group you are a part of.
By doing this, the post will be sent to the private group along with those who would be able to share the Facebook post somewhere else on the site instead of just the group.
How to Make a Post Shareable on Facebook after Posting
If you have made a Facebook post some months back or just a day ago, then you may do the following steps given below to try and make your posts shareable according to your standards:
- After you locate your posts, scroll down until you come across the one you want to share with others.
- Click the small icon located below your Facebook name, located just on the date of your Facebook post creation
- A certain menu with a list of settings will be shown, choose the desired setting for sharing of your Facebook post.
- Once you done the selection, the changes will be saved automatically for your post and others will be able to share it if they want to.
How to Make a Post Shareable on Facebook without making it public
It is possible to make it so that certain people (friends, families etc…) are able to share your post without making it accessible to the public. The post shared on the timeline of someone else will give them the ability to judge whether the post can be shared or not.
How to Make a Post Shareable on Facebook page
If you are looking to share a post of yours on a Facebook page, then you may do the following steps below:
- On your Facebook account’s timeline, find the Pages option on the left of the Facebook menu, simply click it once you have found it.
- On the list of pages, select the page that you want to share with others on Facebook.
- Scroll down on the timeline till you find the desired post you want to share on Facebook, click on Share located on the bottom right of the post to share it to the public on Facebook.
By doing this, your posts on the Facebook page will have their security settings set to Public as the default one, this setting will not be modifiable at all. In essence, anyone who has access to your Facebook page will be able to see your posts and share it however they want and please.
How to Make a Post Shareable on Facebook App
Facebook on its own is accessible on both the Android device’s browser such as Google Chrome or the mobile app version, aside from that, you may refer to the instructions given above for the mobile version to make your post shareable on Facebook.
How to Make a Facebook Post Shareable on Android
Facebook mobile app as a whole does not have any differences on either Android or iPhone versions, therefore you may use the same instructions given for the Android version for iPhone version and vice- versa.
Check this article to learn How to remove Facebook profile picture.
How to Make a Post Shareable on iPhone
Facebook is easily accessible on any IOS devices such as iPhone through web browsers on the device or the mobile app itself, aside from that, you may refer to the instructions for making a post shareable on mobile devices above to make your Facebook posts shareable on Facebook on iPhone devices.
How to Make a Facebook Post Shareable on iPhone
There is technically no difference at all for the Facebook mobile app for either Android or iPhone devices, therefore you may use the instructions for making a post shareable on Android devices for iPhone version.
How to Make a Post Shareable on outside of Facebook
If you are looking to share your Facebook post outside Facebook, then you may do the steps given below for posting outside Facebook:
- Click on the creation date of the post you made on Facebook which you want to post to other sites or blogs
- Copy the URL (through CTRL C or just by right clicking) on the address bar on your Browser (Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome)
- Paste the link (CTRL V or by right clicking and clicking Paste) which you have copied on any blogs or social media sites which you want to share from outside Facebook.
FAQs: How to Make a Post Shareable on Facebook
Why Can’t People Share My Posts on Facebook ?
If people are unable to share your posts on Facebook, that means you have set up your security settings in such a way that they restrict the person from public sharing, follow the steps shown above this article to change the security settings and make your post shareable on Facebook.
How Do I Change My Sharing Settings on Facebook ?
You may simply refer to the steps for either computer web browser or mobile app version of Facebook to the article above carefully.
How Do I Get People to Share My Facebook Post ?
People normally like to share posts that are thought provoking, comedical in nature or simply intriguing for them. Therefore, making posts that are specifically those in mind will make your post more prone to being shared by other people on Facebook or even outside Facebook.
How Can You Make an Existing Post Shareable on Facebook ?
If you want to make your existing post shareable on Facebook, you may simply refer to the article above for the steps given for each respective platform.
How Do I Share a Post on Facebook if There’s No Share Option?
If you are unable to share a Facebook post, then that means the Facebook post’s creator has turned their security settings in just the way to make sure that their post is not shareable by any means, in this case, you can do nothing as the settings can only be changed by the Facebook post’s creator.
Ultimately, it is essential to know how to make an interesting Facebook post to get more attention and make it so that the post is shared by many on Facebook or even outside it.
Do remember to not share something embarrassing as it will ultimately stay forever on the web and result in essentially a hard life on the net.
This article should be more than enough to let you know as to how to make a post shareable on Facebook.