Facebook, throughout the years, has added and removed various features for the sake of the convenience of its users; some might have been questionable, some in perfect accordance with its user’s desires.
But one feature has always remained constant: Sharing, a feature made for those who want to express themselves openly and without any constraints or inform others of a noble cause or otherwise.
Making your post shareable can result in being able to show others what sort of talent you might have or inform them of what’s going around your area.
This article will deal with making a post shareable on Facebook without much trouble; keep reading below to know how it works and how you can do it!
Check this article to learn How to lock your Facebook profile and why it’s essential.
How to Make a Post Shareable on Facebook
You would often want to make your post shareable by others to post on the news feed or the wall. To do that, you must ensure your post is shareable before posting it on your feed. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your Facebook ID; on the news feed, click ‘What’s on your mind?’
- Below your Facebook account’s name, under the ‘What’s on your mind?’ field, there will be the security tab; click it,
- You may modify the privacy settings of your post with the below:
Public – This will open the post for sharing by anyone on Facebook.
Friends – Friends can share any post you make on Facebook.
Friends except… – Those who you specifically allow in your friends will be able to share your Facebook posts.
Specific Friends – Your Facebook posts will only be named by those you enter on the list.
Only me – Only you will be able to share your post.
Custom – This allows you to make a list of people who will be able to share your posts on Facebook.
Once you have selected your option, either click on Post or press Enter, this will put your message on the news feed of Facebook, and it is shareable based on the choice you make before posting it.
How to Make a Post Shareable on Facebook App
The Facebook mobile app operates nearly the same as the web browser version of Facebook; therefore, both versions share many features and similarities.
The Facebook mobile app also has the same security settings for the posts you make, along with sharing settings.
To edit the sharing settings before making a post on the Facebook mobile app, do the following steps given below:
- Open the Facebook mobile app and tap ‘What’s on your mind’ on the news feed
2. Under your given Facebook account name, tap the security option.
- You may either select visibility options for your post from the given list or tap on See more for more visibility options.
- Once you have finished setting up your security setting, proceed with making your post or any content you are working on posting on Facebook.
- Press the Post button on the top right corner of the screen to post your message on your Facebook timeline.
How to Make a Post Shareable for a Facebook Group
If the Facebook group you are a part of is private, then the posts you make will not be shareable for public posts; if you still desire to make a post in the private group to be shareable by any others, then you may do the below:
- Make a post on your Facebook timeline and set the security settings according to your needs so the post can be shared with the public.
- Press Share located on the bottom right corner of the post to open a list
- Choose Share to Group; once you have done that, select the private group you are a part of.
By doing this, the post will be sent to the private group along with those who would be able to share the Facebook post somewhere else on the site instead of just the group.
How to Make a Post Shareable on Facebook after Posting
If you made a Facebook post some months back or just a day ago, then you may do the following steps given below to try and make your posts shareable according to your standards:
- After you locate your posts, scroll down until you come across the one you want to share with others.
- Click the small icon below your Facebook name on the date of your Facebook post creation.
- A specific menu with a list of settings will be shown; choose the desired setting for sharing your Facebook post.
- Once you make the selection, the changes will be saved automatically for your post, and others will be able to share them if they want to.
How to Make a Post Shareable on Facebook without making it public
It is possible to make it so that certain people (friends, families, etc.) can share your post without making it accessible to the public. The post shared on someone else’s timeline will give them the ability to judge whether the post can be shared or not.
How to Make a Post Shareable on Facebook page
If you are looking to share a post of yours on a Facebook page, then you may do the following steps below:
- On your Facebook account’s timeline, find the Pages option on the left of the Facebook menu; simply click it once you have found it.
- On the list of pages, select the page you want to share with others on Facebook.
- Please scroll down on the timeline till you find the desired post you want to share on Facebook; click on Share, located on the bottom right of the post, to share it with the Public on Facebook.
By doing this, your posts on the Facebook page will have their security settings set to Public as the default; this setting will not be adjustable. In essence, anyone who has access to your Facebook page will be able to see your posts and share them however they want and please.
How to Make a Post Shareable on Facebook App
Facebook on its own is accessible on both the Android device’s browser, such as Google Chrome, or the mobile app version; aside from that, you may refer to the instructions for the mobile version to make your post shareable on Facebook.
How to Make a Facebook Post Shareable on Android
Facebook mobile app as a whole does not have any differences on either Android or iPhone versions. Therefore you may use the instructions given for the Android version for the iPhone version and vice versa.
Check this article to learn How to remove your Facebook profile pictures.
How to Make a Post Shareable on iPhone
Facebook is easily accessible on any IOS device, such as iPhone, through web browsers on the device or the mobile app itself; aside from that, you may refer to the instructions for making a post shareable on mobile devices above to make your Facebook posts shareable on Facebook on iPhone devices.
How to Make a Facebook Post Shareable on iPhone
There is technically no difference between the Facebook mobile app for Android or iPhone devices. Therefore you may use the instructions for making a post shareable on Android devices for the iPhone version.
How to Make a Post Shareable on outside of Facebook
If you are looking to share your Facebook post outside Facebook, then you may do the steps given below for posting outside Facebook:
- Click on the creation date of the post you made on Facebook which you want to post to other sites or blogs
- Copy the URL (through CTRL C or just by right-clicking) on the address bar on your Browser (Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome)
- Paste the link (CTRL V or by right-clicking and clicking Paste) that you have copied on any blogs or social media sites not to share from outside Facebook.
FAQs: How to Make a Post Shareable on Facebook
Why Can’t People Share My Posts on Facebook ?
If people cannot share your posts on Facebook, you have to set up your security settings so that they restrict the person from public sharing; follow the steps shown above this article to change the security settings and make your post shareable on Facebook.
How Do I Change My Sharing Settings on Facebook ?
You may carefully refer to the steps for either the computer web browser or mobile app version of Facebook in the article above.
How Do I Get People to Share My Facebook Post ?
People usually like sharing posts that are thought-provoking, comical in nature, or intriguing for them. Therefore, making posts that are specifically those in mind will make your post more prone to being shared by other people on Facebook or even outside Facebook.
How Can You Make an Existing Post Shareable on Facebook ?
If you want to make your existing post shareable on Facebook, you may refer to the article above for the steps given for each respective platform.
How Do I Share a Post on Facebook if There’s No Share Option?
Suppose you are unable to share a Facebook post. In that case, that means the Facebook post’s creator has turned their security settings in just the way to make sure that their post is not shareable by any means; in this case, you can do nothing, as the Facebook post’s creator can only change the settings.
Ultimately, it is essential to know how to make an interesting Facebook post to get more attention and make it so that the post is shared by many on Facebook or even outside of it.
Do remember not to share something embarrassing as it will ultimately stay forever on the web and result in essentially a hard life on the net.
This article should be enough to let you know how to make a post shareable on Facebook.