The question that comes is, what happens when you are finally tired of using Instagram account and want to delete your account? Just read below to find out the steps to either disable or how to delete an Instagram account.
Instagram is an app that is used by millions, it is also posting any sort of activity you are doing either as a pic or a video. You could even use the story function to create a short clip of you doing some ridiculous activity for a single day. Many celebrities use Instagram as a powerful promotion tool to spread their influence and promote themselves or their movies including interaction with their fans.
How to Delete an Instagram Account
As said before, there might be several reasons for wanting to know how to delete an Instagramaccount.
You might want to have a fresh beginning with a new set of experiences to post and what not. You might be tempted to simply move on to other sites, or the simple reason would be that you don’t desire to keep your Instagram account anymore.
Therefore, to delete your Instagram account, follow the steps given below:
- Log in to your Instagram account on PC (it is not possible to delete your account through the mobile app
- Go to this link https://www.instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent/
- Select a reason on the drop-down menu next to “Why are you deleting your account?”
- Enter your password again when the prompt comes
- Select the “Delete (any username you have) button, confirm when the site asks for confirmation.
How to Temporarily Disable Instagram Account
You may not really want to delete your Instagram profile on the account of wanting to get back to using it on a later time.
The only thing disabling your Instagram profile would benefit you with is the amount of exposure being reduced to zero, resulting in your followers being left in a lurch as to why you suddenly disappeared.
To disable your Instagram account in a jiffy, just follow the steps below.
- Log into your Instagram account(Using either mobile or PC)
- Go to profile settings
- Scroll down and click on “Temporarily disable my account”
- Give out a reason for disabling your account
- Re-enter your password,
- Click on “Temporarily Disable Account”
And you are done, your account will be temporarily disabled after that. Essentially, you will be safely hidden away from the peering gazes of your followers as you perhaps rehabilitate through your troubles or whatever sort of reason made you take the step of disabling your Instagram account.
Now that you know how to delete an Instagram account, will you search it in your heart for the courage to actually go ahead? Only time will tell.
How to Backup Instagram Data
Instagram let you take backup all of your memorable photo, videos anytime, you need to take a backup for your future reference. Deleting your Instagram Account means deleting all of your data.
That is why it is a good idea to make sure to first download all your data before proceeding with the account deletion.
To download all your data, follow the steps given below:
- Log in to your Instagram account on PC
- Go to your profile settings by clicking the gear icon
- Click the Privacy & Security option
- Scroll down and Under “Data Download” click “Request Download”
- Give out your email address when prompted and press next.
You should be emailed all your Instagram Data via a downloadable link within two days through the email you gave out.
This is how easily you can download your Instagram Data.